Saturday, May 7, 2011

Short Stories (part 1)

Here's a short story that I wrote a few years back. I thought I just want to share with you guys. The story is basically something like the 'Twilight' novel but my version :)

The Wedding Planner

  If I tell you a secret, do you think you can keep it? If I were to tell you that a world of magic and legends secretly exist around us, would you believe me? Well, here's my unbelievable story.
  My name is Marie Ann Stewart. I work as a wedding planner. I own a small office on Main Street, Fifth Avenue. I have had customers of all types walking through my door. Old, rich men with sexy young girlfriends, celebrity couples like Tom Ride and Katie House. I thought that I've seen them all but that was before I met Edward and Rosalie.
  Edward Mullet and Rosalie Pout. My first thought when I saw Rosalie, I thought that she was a gold digger. The dumb blonde appearance doesn't help. Then there's Edward Mullet. Young, handsome and filthy rich. He's handsome enough to be an underwear supermodel. What more could a girl ask for.
  Rosalie wanted a grand wedding. A garden wedding with an ice sculpture, chocolate fountain and a long wedding aisle decorated with 1,000,000 bouquets of white lilies and rose petals along it with a grand altar. Edward on the other hand, wanted a small, private wedding at his private mansion. I wonder how they can even think of getting married. They're totally polar opposite. But of course, Rosalie got her way. 
  Then I started spending time with her. From all the time I spend with, I could tell she was not a nice person. She complains and whine a lot most of the time. Now I really wonder how a man like Edward could even fall in love with such a woman.
  One day, Rosalie had to go on a business trip. She left Edward in charge of the wedding. I started seeing a lot of him. Every time he's around, my hear speeds faster then it normally does. I'll admit it that there's a little, tiny part of me that says I'm in love with him. Or maybe that was just hormones.
  It was the big day. As the wedding planner, I myself was as nervous as the bride. I wanted everything to go smoothly as planned. As Rosalie was walking down the aisle, with Edward waiting at the altar, there's a part of me that wanted to stop the wedding but I couldn't do it. Rosalie finally reached the altar and put her arm through Edward's. Then the priest started reading the vows.
   "Do you, Rosalie Pout, take Edward Mullet as your lawfully wedded husband and love him till death do you part?" Almost instantaneously, Rosalie answered "I do."
   "Do you, Edward Mullet, take, Rosalie Pout as your lawfully wedded wife and love her till death do you part?
    "Please say I don't!I thought.
    "I don't." Edward said firmly.

 Everyone gasped and look at each other's faces. I was startled. The look on Rosalie's face was unreadable. Calmly, she asked, "Why?" And his answer was something unexpected.
   "I'm in love with her." He pointed at me and continued. "The wedding planner.
Everyone at the seats stared at him in disbelief and turned their heads directly towards me. My mind went blank. I can't believe what just happened. I was just staring at the torn couple with my mouth wide open. Rosalie shot me a fierce look.
   "You KNOW you can't", Rosalie shouted.
   "We're vampires."
The last thing I remembered seeing was Edward's guilty face looking at me. Then everything went black. 
  Suddenly I heard my secretary, Ashley knocking on my office door. I must have fallen asleep while working on another project.
   "You've got a new customer!" Ashley said cheerfully.
Behind her, I saw a blonde girl with an underwear looking supermodel walking hand in hand.
   "Hi, I'm Rosalie and this is Edward",  the blonde girl said.
Nervously, I looked at him in the face. I swear I saw him flash his fangs at me.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment