Saturday, April 16, 2011

College Life (part 1)

Hello Readers :)


Finally! The day I had look forward to since my school days. I can say now that I'm a college student. Yeah! I'm a happy girl. Laugh. It was the first day of college, it was a day full of new experiences. I woke up early that day. Like every girl, we always plan what to wear to college right? So I planned mine like 1 week before college starts. Yeah I know, typical. 

Since my older sister is also studying in Taylor's, it wasn't my first time stepping on to the campus. The buildings and people there weren't a big surprise to me. But somehow, on that particular day, I had a mixed feeling of nervousness and excitement. It was a whole new place to me. It's like I have to start my life all over again. But I was thankful that my sister was there to guide. Thank god! I admit the students there look rather snobbish but it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I thought to myself, "I'm sure they're nice."

It was a full day ahead for me. There wasn't that much activity to do except for orientation and campus tour. They had the orientation in the MPH building. As I walked in, I saw thousands of students queuing up to register themselves. I think the Mass Communication course has the longest queue. So after i registered myself, I took my place somewhere near to the stage since my vision isn't that good. There was many new and unfamiliar faces in the hall so, I'm still having a hard time talking to "strangers". It reminded me of how it was when I first started primary school. 

The orientation was held just to let the students know what’s around the campus and etc. Nothing much actually. I had to admit, again that it was pretty boring. I almost fell asleep actually. Giggle. Then around 11a.m. the orientation wraps up. I didn't knew and make friends with anyone yet that day. It's not that i don't want to make friends, it's just that I'm really a shy person and it's difficult for me to approach to a "stranger" and just talk to them. I know weird right? But that's just me. And well since i was really hungry, I just had to filled my stomach with food. Like badly! My stomach was already making noises. I think there's a lion living in my tummy, it keeps "roaring". So I called up my sister and asked if she could accompany me to the food store.

I meet up with my sister and her friend at this Korean restaurant. One thing I love about Taylor's, they have Korean restaurant there. I just love Korean food a lot. So after I had my favorite dish which is Kimchi soup with white rice, we went to Starbucks and hang out there. Even though there was a campus tour at 2p.m. but I skipped. To be honest, you are bound to know the places in the campus, so what's the point ? So to me, it wasn't important. 

To end this post, I can say that my first day in college was rather dull. Nothing to shout about actually. I just hope that I could make friends within this week. 

Thanks for reading everyone :D

No comments:

Post a Comment