Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Trip to Remember (part 1)

Hello my fellow readers :)


Today's topic is best place(s) to go. So after a "long" thinking, I decided to talk about...


DAMAI BEACH, SARAWAK

Me and my family went there 5 years ago and I'm still longing to go there again because it was just too awesome! Seriously, the beach there is like way, way nicer and cleaner than Port Dickson's beach. This beach is located near the Santubong Mountain as you can see in the picture above. There, we stayed a resort called, Holiday Inn Resort for 3 days and 2 nights. Frankly, staying at the resort for 2 nights was not enough for me and my sister. The place was just too good to leave. During my stay there, the receptionist told me that the resort is claim to be the largest lagoon-shaped pool in Sarawak. Me and my sister was like, "Wow!" Not bad for an attraction.

I remembered the first time I stepped onto the resort. It was super huge! You can almost feel like you're in paradise. The beach was calm and relaxing. It's definitely a must place for tourists to come and stay in this marvelous resort.


The view of the resort from the beach

The resort offers you many activities that you could do with your friends or family. One my favorites were body surfing and the miniature golf. You can also ride the banana boat there. I wanted to but i was too scared that I would fall in the middle of the beach. 

The first activity I did there was body surfing. It's kind of like surfing but instead of you standing, you lay your chest on the board to surf. To me, it wasn't that easy. You need a lot of energy and strength to keep yourself from falling. It was dreadful yet exciting!


Me and my sis waiting for the wave to come :D

Then there was miniature golf. Since I know nothing about golf and my dad knows everything about golf, laugh, he taught me and my sister how play. There were many types of holes you could try. It's good actually. You wouldn't feel bored hitting to one hole only. So after a few sets of the game, yours truly (me) won! Surprisingly,  I was pretty good. I found my new hidden talent!


That's me playing golf under a hot sun wearing sweater =.=

The next day, we vent our journey to the beach! I love going to the beach, I would go crazy when I'm at the beach! Like for instance this,


Me doing cart-wheel 


Me having a really good time :)


You've got to admit that the beach is the only place you could be crazy and just have fun. Oh, how I wish my house is just by the beach. I would definitely sleep peacefully everyday with the whooshing sound and cold air from the outside. Now that's Heaven to me! 


Me relaxing on a rock, meditating :P


Continuing, after a fun swim in the beach, me and my sis planned to bury ourselves in the sand. It was so funny. I remembered my dad and sister throwing all the sands onto my body and especially my face. That was so mean! I couldn't even breathe properly.


Me putting sands on my sister


A sand "sculpture" of me


So to conclude everything, it was the best stay of my life! Period. Seriously people, you need to see it, to believe it. 




til then,
Jaszmin :)








No comments:

Post a Comment